The weather is getting warmer, the days longer, and spring will say farewell before you know it; summer is almost here. Summertime means long sunny days, typically spent outside being active or lounging in or next to the pool, lake or river. It means warm nights, gathered around the grill, barbecue or bonfire, and weekend camp-outs with friends. What’s not to love about summer?
Warmer days ahead calls for beach days. But if you are planning a beach day with friends (or solo!), have you ever thought about how your makeup face would be after swimming a lot in water? As you get ready to fuel up the BBQ and dust off your favorite bathing suits, let’s think first how to keep your makeup as well as your mascara being in place and not being smudge.
Imagine a world where your summer “no makeup” beauty routine actually requires no makeup. It is possible.
When permanent makeup becomes more and more popular, every girl feels like being blessed due to those benefits of permanent makeup. Permanent eyelashes are the most famous one among different services at top-rated nail salon in Spruce Grove. If an eyelash curler and a swipe of mascara are known for opening your eyes and making you look more awake, lash extensions give the appearance of eight hours of sleep, a balanced diet, and an imperceptible face lift.
If you’re thinking about trying eyelash extensions in Spruce Grove, my advice is to start small. Fair-haired women should consider a lash tint prior to their extensions, to color-match the finished product.
So, before attending any beach party, you should pick which coastal town you want to visit, grab a great beach read, get your eyelashes done — don't forget the sunscreen — and enjoy the salty breeze as it passes by you.
Thanks to lash extensions, it’s never been easier to stay active and enjoy an array of summer activities, all the while feeling gorgeous and photo shoot ready at any moment!
Last but not least, below are several summer eyelash extension care tips and tricks to keep your lash extensions looking fabulous all summer long:
- Sunscreens are a must for our skin with sun exposure at its peak, but we need to be careful with them when wearing eyelash extensions. Most sunscreens contain oil and oil breaks down the adhesive; it’s that simple. To prevent the eyelash extensions from falling out sooner than normal make sure clients are using an oil-free sunscreen on their face. When applying sunscreen make sure to shield or avoid sunscreen from the area around the eyes/extensions.
- Speaking of oils, our hands have natural oils. We should warn our clients to never touch the extensions with their fingers. So, no fiddling with lashes unless using a wand! We know it’s tempting, but trust us on this one!
- Exposing your lashes to extreme heat can “relax” the curl, or even worse…singe the lashes! When grilling or snuggling up next to that toasty campfire, make sure not to stand too close or directly over the heat, to keep your lashes intact and looking beautiful.
- Moisture is key to weakening the adhesive bond. We work so hard to make a great bond between the natural lash and the eyelash extension, so when that bond breaks it’s devastating. Steam from hot tubs and steam rooms can weaken the bond the adhesive has and cause the extension to fall out prematurely.
- Basic care on a day-to-day basis is vital to extension retention, no matter the season. The less you touch the lash extensions, the longer they will last. Mascara should never be worn on eyelash extensions. The eyelash extensions should provide enough drama on their own. If a client feels it’s not enough, try adjusting the diameter, length, or fan-size at their next appointment to give them their desired, bolder look. Don’t let clients pick at their lashes. Picking can cause damage to the natural lashes and inhibit lash growth cycles. It’s best to wait 24 hours before getting them wet after initial application to allow time for the glue to completely cure. For eyelash extensions to continue looking their best, advise clients to get fills every 2-3 weeks. Pre-booking is always best to ensure they get on your schedule at their desired time.
- Being outside more – camping, hiking, swimming, etc – can lead to increased dirt and debris collecting in your lashes. We recommend keeping them clean by rinsing in the shower, allowing the water to pass through, or using our lash cleanser and super gentle cleansing brush to thoroughly clean them regularly. I promise you, clean lashes are the happiest lashes (especially with extensions!).